- processing of personal data,
- general rules,
- data confidentiality,
- data subject’s rights.
Processing of Personal Data
There are only few legal bases for data processing which We use according to the GDPR legislative framework. Our activities are mainly covered by.
- Consent, if required by legislation.
- Compliance with legal obligation e.g. stipulating requirements for electronic communication, invoicing or billing.
- Legitimate interest legal base or even public interest concerning cybersecurity entitling us to collect samples and service data for analysis, to provide You with even better protection, support and experience We can offer. Even marketing is recognized by GDPR as a legitimate interest, therefore we rely on this concept when it comes to cookies used by our web sites and communication with our customers.
It is our intention to prevent data from being stored longer than necessary while providing ESET products and services. ESET implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security which is appropriate to potential risks. We are doing our best to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of processing systems and services. However, in case of data breach resulting in a risk to your rights and freedoms, We are ready to notify the supervisory authority The Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic as well as the data subjects.
Data Subject’s Rights
ESET is subject to regulation of Slovak laws and We are bound by data protection legislation as a member state of European Union. Every Data subject is entitled to the following rights:
- right to request access to your personal data from ESET,
- right to rectification of your personal data if inaccurate (You also have the right to have incomplete personal data amended),
- right to request erasure of your personal data,
- right to request restriction processing of your personal data,
- right to object to processing,
- right to data portability as well as
- right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority The Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic.
We believe that all information we process is valuable and necessary for the legitimate purpose and worth to protect with the highest priority. If You would like to exercise your right as a data subject or You have a question concerning personal data protection or protection of privacy, send us a message at:
ESET, spol. s r. o. Data Protection Officer Einsteinova 24 85101 Bratislava Slovak Republic firstname.lastname@example.org